Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NaBloPoMo day 2, so far so good

NaBloPoMo tickler 2. . .
"If you knew that whatever you ate next would be your last meal, what would you want it to be?"
One cooked with people I love for people I love. Cooking food then eating it is such a wonderful sensual pleasure to share. Some of the most fun I have had in my life involved too many people in the kitchen while chatting, cooking, and drinking wine. I love that laughing, close, jostile, bumping hips, touching each other, tasting, smelling ah lovely. Then of course there is the reward of sitting down at the laden table and eating together while talking about everything, preferably outdoors with wine flowing, kids playing, easy relaxation and all of us being ourselves. This would be a perfect last meal.
The meal we would be making, that is a hard choice. If it were my last then I will go with something classic. . .
Roasted garlic with goat cheese, tiny tomatoes, and basil leaves on crunchy toast rounds ,
Spinach salad with red onions, walnuts, and apple with chunky blue cheese dressing,
Grilled bloody, rare steak, baked potato, grilled asparagus and a nice Pinot Noir
Chocolate cheesecake with a shot of espresso with a lemon twist
and after all that a fine cigar and some really carmely mellow burbon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment