Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day Book



Outside my window:
It is hot out tonight, in the mid to upper 80s and very clear. The moon is a sliver and the air smells salty.

I am thinking:
I am really frustrated with my health insurance and my benefits administrator at my job. I need to get my credit repaired so I can get loan to cover a procedure that I need to have done but my insurance plan specifically excludes, even if medically necessary, bastids.

I am thankful for:
I am thankful that my grandma raised me to be tenacious of spirit and that I am willing to change. I am thankful that I have been accepted into 2 masters programs. I am thankful that I love my job and that Texas is such an interesting place. I am thankful that I finally feel at home somewhere in the world, it has been a very long time since I have felt that way.

From the kitchen:
I made chicken enchiladas this Saturday and they were quite good and plentiful enough to give me lunch through Wednesday

I am wearing:
Navy blue scrubs, white Dansko shoes, white support socks, my usual uniform.

I am creating:
My 75g fish tank is coming together. I need to do some rearranging and gather some materials from nature to toss in the tank. My female Apistogramma are coming to me next weekend, if all goes well I should have fry within a month.

I am going:
To die of a heart attack if I don't get a grip on my triglyceride level.

I am reading:
"Elevated plasma glucose and lowered triglyceride levels from omega-3 fatty acid supplementation in type II diabetes" Friday, KE; Childs, MT; Tsunehara, CT; et al
Created for the National Diabetes Association

I am hoping:
That I will be straightening out my crazy financial melt down soon and things will return to budgeting normalcy.

I am hearing:
The air conditioner humming and my students talking about the project they are working on.

Around the house:
I need to clean my room this weekend, a deep cleaning the dog fur is getting a bit intense.

One of my favorite things:
Having the whole house to myself

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Writing a letter to my goddaughter in Spanish, writing letters to a couple of people who are due for some real mail in their lives, figuring out what to give my mom for mother's day

This weekend:
I am going to visit Jana's Aunt Peen who is 96 years old and can whip your butt at gin and is still quite sassy, love her

I am pondering:
"It isn't who is going to let me, it's who is going to stop me" Ayn Rand

Here is a picture I am sharing:
Another picture of my Lily dog. She always wants to lick the camera or, as in this picture, seems to want to give me a dubious look:

0 comments:

Post a Comment