What am I going to do with myself? How will I cope not being constantly under a deadline, not having to produce hundreds of pages of writing? I don’t know but my guess is it will involve napping, reading , painting and with a little luck some travel. Who knows, I may get all wild and crazy and write some short stories.
Unlike public school teachers I do have to work over the summer. I may revamp some of my lesson plans in my spare time, or I may do no such thing. I like having the option.
There are so many things I WANT to do they are in no particular order:
1. I really want to do some in depth reading on Germanic myths and about the cult of Odin.
2. I want to refresh my Latin and translate at least 2 chapters of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (yes I am that much of a geek that I have a few of the Harry Potter books in Latin),
3. I want to reread the Silmarillion (after reading about the Germanic myths to see how they are related),
4. I want to paint- I have been so busy I haven’t made a single painting since I started school full time.
5. I want to cook and try out new recipes.
6. I want to reorganize and deep clean my room and perhaps paint one of the walls a good color.
7. I want to tighten up Lily’s training.
8. I want to go camping.
9. I want to get some IT certifications so I can make some money doing tech support for roll outs.
More than all that though I want to have the weekend open before me to do whatever I want or nothing at all. I don’t want to think about schedules and plans and breaking down larger tasks. I want to be kid like (as least for 1 day a week) and just be. I hope I can be still enough to enjoy that.