Monday, June 28, 2010

Outside my window:
Everyone is up in arms about hurricane Alex but outside the sky is blue and there are just a few towering fluffy clouds. It is only 86 degrees with 66% humidity; veritably mild for Houston this time of year.
I am thinking:
I am wondering where I am going to put all the stuff that was in my spare room, now my guest room. When I moved to Texas from Michigan I got rid of pretty much anything extraneous, how is it that I have a TON of stuff that I don’t know what to do with that I don’t use all the time, has it bred, did I secretly buy stuff with money I stole from someone while I was sleeping, how could this be. Hurumph
I am thankful for:
People who love me
From the kitchen:
This weekend I made dark chocolate malt-o-meal and it was amazingly good. It tasted like dark chocolate brownies.
I am wearing:
The usual, scrubs
I am creating:
A guide to the NCCI for my students with information on modifiers and CMS and their wily ways.
I am going:
Nowhere in particular for many days
I am reading:
The Magician’s Nephew by CS Lewis
I am hoping:
I will be able to recover from the disaster of needing a new engine for my car. I have had it less than 2 years and I just (4 months ago) put a transmission in the darn thing, now it needs a new engine. After this I will have a new car.
I am hearing:
The air handlers humming and the sound of some of my students talking in the hall (class got out an hour ago and they are still hanging about)
Around the house:
I need to do a deep clean and reorganization of my room, before the corner dust monsters get me
One of my favorite things:
When I feel deeply pleased with myself or have accomplished something of note I love to go to a swanky hotel bar and drink really fine bourbon and smoke a cigar all alone.
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Marinate and grill chicken thighs that I ran out of time for on Sunday
Words I am pondering:
“What good is a magic ring that lets you see other worlds if you are too afraid to look at them when you get there” CS Lewis “The Magician’s Nephew”
Here is a picture I am sharing:

I went kite flying and here is the kite

0 comments:

Post a Comment