Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Outside my window:
It is rainy today, it has been off and on for about 2 weeks. After the drought of the spring and summer I (and the birds and plants in my garden) am welcoming the rain.

I am thinking:
Lately I am thinking about how I can improve my teaching abilities. I have been teaching for about 4 years and am feeling relatively confident. I think I need to improve some of my technique and branch out in the learning styles I am good at working toward.

I am thankful for:
Lately I have been especially thankful for the back up that I have in my life. My car croaked and needs some repairs (that I don't have money for at the moment), my very good friend is letting me use her 'extra' car so I can save up for the repair.

From the kitchen:
This weekend I am making hot wings from a new recipe I got off the tabasco website.
I am going to go all out with home made blue cheese dressing, celery and a good beer. Yum!

I am wearing:
A smart navy blue light wool jacket and matching trousers, both tailored, of course. A crisp white shirt. Navy blue trouser socks and navy blue Sanita nurse clogs. Oh wait, it is navy blue SCRUBS not a tailored suit, sorry, I was momentairly confused.

I am creating:
A body of knowledge for my upcoming national certifcation exam. I mean I know all the stuff but I need to make it easily accessible to my brain. Those formulae are gonna take me out if I am not careful.

I am going:
This weekend I am going to nap

I am reading:
"Anne of the Island" by Montgomery. I am rereading the entire Anne of Green Gables series because I have not read it since I was around 10. It is so good!

I am hoping:
To find a future job that allows me to both continue teaching AND live indoors.

I am hearing:
My students doing their keyboarding and the rain tapping on the very large windows of my classroom intersperced with the occasional rolling thunder. -Bliss

Around the house:
I just got a new chair on Craig's List. It is a chair and a half and fits me perfectly. As an added bonus it was only 30 bucks and looks good with my furnature.

One of my favorite things:
Sitting in my chair with my legs tossed over the arm, reading and drinking tea. (I fit perfectly in the chair crosswise)

A few plans for the rest of the week:
-Review my lesson plans for my next class in 2 weeks
-Plan for a big grocery shop. I haven't had the money in about a month and am out of everything but don't really have the money to repalce with I need. This should be interesting, perhaps dumpster diving at Whole Foods will be in order, heh. (I just saw a documentary on this, whole foods has the best, freshest dumpster produce)
-Study for my test
-Go to court Thurs to fight a traffic ticket.
Words I am pondering:
"Every time you make a choice you are turning the central part of you into something a little different from what was before" CS Lewis

Here is a picture I am sharing:
This is me petting the dinosaur at the fossil rim state park in TX

0 comments:

Post a Comment